What is the simplest way to get used with Microgateway?

Similar questions

• How does a typical architecture look like?
  • How does logging, monitoring and reporting work?

Answer
Start the Airlock Minikube Example which illustrates how to connect all the pieces together. It shows the interaction of Airlock Microgateway with an application, Airlock IAM, logging, monitoring and reporting.

Airlock Minikube Intro
Github Project: Airlock Minikube example

1 Like

This Minikube example is very complex. Is there no example with docker compose? I only need WAF.

Thanks
Buran

Hi Buran
I understand you just want WAF protection first and bother about monitoring and logging later. And you prefer using docker compose instead of Minikube.

Airlock Microgateway is known to work in docker-compose setups. However, docker-compose is not one of the target platforms for which Microgateway deployments are optimized. We recommend using any Kubernetes distribution instead.

Deployments in Kubernetes bring many advantages, such as:

• Readiness and Liveness Probes
  • Scaling horizontally
  • Easy integration in CI/CD pipelines (GitOps)
  • Canary deployments
  • Rollover without downtime

If you want to use Kubernetes to deploy a minimal setup, I suggest you follow the Getting Started chapter in the docs.

Hi Daniel,
Our target platform is kubernetes but we get error computer doesn't have VT-X/AMD-v enabled with the example because our platform does not support VMs. We will try SMC next.
Thanks

Hi Buran

When did you get the error message computer doesn't have VT-X/AMD-v enabled? While you were trying to start Minikube on your computer?

Are you already familiar with Kubernetes? Do you have a Kubernetes environment available to play with?

Stefan